Key Legal Affiliate program policies
All Key Legal Affiliates are required to complete agreement and remain in compliance with these terms. This list contains everything you need to know to be a Key Legal affiliate, including resources, recommendations, and some fun legal stuff.
We are working to put together a starter kit to walk you through how to begin promoting Key Legal products, including tips and tricks, how to use your portal, and where to access links and assets. This will be your go-to resource for all things the affiliate program. In the meantime, all assets can be found in the Affiliate Area.
You can log into your account at anytime and track your clicks and referrals at: https://keylegal.ca/web/affiliate-area/
If you ever need anything else or have questions, feel free to reach out to the team at
1. Commission Rates: You receive a fixed percentage (%) commission based on the customer’s first purchase of a consultation:
For clarity, the amount is calculated on the net amount of the customer’s first purchase, after all coupons, promotions or codes are applied. Commissions are not paid on any amounts paid for applicable taxes. Commissions are also not payable if the customer requests a refund, whether in full or partial. No commissions are payable if the customer is subjected to free or special (discounted) rates, which include, but are not limited to: students, seniors or low-income individuals, or those requesting free services (applicable to certain areas of law).
a. You receive commission for the first purchase made by a new customer who is not in an active sales process with us at the time of the affiliate link click.
b. If a customer requests a refund subsequent to a Commission being paid, the amount will be deducted from any future Commissions and/or will become repayable to us.
c. The customer must land on and sign up on a keylegal.ca landing page in order to be properly tracked
d. Affiliate links rely on cookies to track sales so the customer cannot have cleared their cookies.
affiliate links can be used to track sales. Incorrect use of affiliate
links will cause inability to track referrals.
There are a number of other limitations that may result in commission not being paid - we encourage you to read the Marketing Affiliate Program Agreement for more information on this. Use of this program is subject to your agreement to the aforementioned Marketing Affiliate Program Agreement, as amended.
3. PayPal or Stripe: Be sure to add your PayPal or Stripe email to your profile so we can send you your commissions.
4. Attribution: In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the first affiliate gets the credit
5. Cookie Window: 90 days of clicking your affiliate link
Promoting Key Legal
1. Key Legal Branding
Use the language and assets we’ve provided you in the affiliate area and on our website. You are permitted to crop the assets (other than our logo) as needed, provided that cropping the image does not result in a departure or change of the intent or messaging of the asset.
false or misleading statements on the benefits of using Key Legal (e.g. “Get
rich quick with Key Legal”)
Modify or adjust the Key Legal wordmark or logo in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges.
2. What to call yourself
As we have multiple ways to partner with Key Legal and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the Key Legal Affiliate Program.
Do: Say you’re a “Key Legal Marketing Affiliate” or “Marketing Affiliate”
Do Not: Refer to yourself as a Partner or that you’ve “partnered with Key Legal.” This includes press releases, references in videos, listings on your website, or in any other marketing material you may be using
3. Buying Ads
You will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an affiliate link that could be considered as competing with Key Legal’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords
Policies that don’t fit into the other buckets
1. Survey Participation: We would encourage you to participate in any Affiliate-specific surveys, industry surveys, marketing surveys, etc. as we request.
2. Sharing Placements: When requested, you’ll share the places you’ve used your affiliate link. This includes, but is not limited to, links, screenshots, and email sends.
3. Purchasing Key Legal yourself: One of the benefits of the Affiliate Program is we don’t require you to purchase Key Legal products. Though if you decide to purchase, we require that you do not use your own affiliate link.